- Echo Abernathy
- Elise Bodell
- Beverly Howe
- Michele Johnson
- Debbie LeBeau
- Clayton DeNault
- Mary Dodsworth
- Judi Weldy
- Joyce Loveday
- Ellie Wilson
- Karina Mercado, Youth Council
- Councilmember Mary Moss
The role and responsibilities of the Lakewood’s Promise Advisory Board is to assist the City Council in the following areas:
- The Lakewood's Promise Advisory Board shall advise the Mayor, the City Council and city staff regarding the availability and delivery of the five promises within the City.
- The Lakewood's Promise Advisory Board shall look for ways to develop ongoing relationships among Lakewood citizens and businesses to better deliver Promise activities to youth.
The Lakewood's Promise Advisory Board shall advise the City Council in connection with Lakewood's Promise issues as may be referred to the Lakewood's Promise Advisory Board by the City Council which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate cooperation and coordination with City staff, citizens’ groups and other entities, agencies and organizations on Lakewood's Promise issues;
- Recommend to the City Council strategies to enhance awareness of, and interest in, Lakewood's Promise which may be in cooperation with any appropriate private, civic or public agency of the City, county, state or of the federal government;
- Recommend ways and means of obtaining private, local, county, state or federal funds for the promotion of Lakewood's Promise programs and projects within the City, and
- Represent the community and the City of Lakewood as requested by the City Council to address Lakewood's Promise related issues.
(Click here and scroll down to "Advisory Board Agendas and Minutes")
Members shall be residents of the City, or by the nature of their work with youth, determined an asset to the Board. The members shall be appointed from among members of the public to include, to the extent reasonably possible, representation from people involved with or interested in the availability and delivery of the Five Promises.
Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council. Four (4) members representing the partner agencies: Clover Park School District, Pierce College, Clover Park Technical College and the City of Lakewood shall serve on the Lakewood’s Promise Board. One (1) member shall be a representative of the Youth Council.
Terms of Office
3 – year terms. The Youth Council representative shall serve a one-year term.
Meetings are held every first Thursday at 7:30am at Lakewood City Hall.
Individuals appointed are expected to attend meetings regularly. The Council expects to be informed in the event any Committee, Board or Commission member has three unexcused absences. The Council, may in the event of three unexcused absences, dismiss the individual from service.
Adhere to City of Lakewood’s Code of Ethics, mutual respect among members, good listener, and flexible.
Applications are available at the City Clerk’s Office, City of Lakewood, 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499, or at /documents/city_council/notices_of_vacancies/Application_for_Appointment_3_31_15.pdf