The 2016 JBLM Airshow and Warrior Expo at McChord Field Aug. 27-28 is this weekend. JBLM’s first air show since 2012 will feature the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron—Thunderbirds, the U.S. Army Parachute Demonstration Team—Golden Knights, and more than a dozen other aerial performances, all scheduled to perform each day.
The Airshow and Warrior Expo is free and open to the public. Gates open at 9 a.m. and flying is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. both days.
Here’s a list of the scheduled performers in alphabetical order:
- Ace Maker T-33 Jet solo performance
- B-17 Flying Fortress fly-by
- B-25 Mitchell fly-by
- C-17 Globemaster III demonstration
- Cascade W arbirds
- F/A-18 Hornet tactical demonstration
- Huey & Cobra helicopters demonstration
- Joint Forces Air Drop Demonstration with CH-47 Chinooks & C-17 Globemaster III
- KI-43 Oscar solo performance
- P-38 Lightning solo performance
- U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds
- U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
- WWII Warbird Dogfight (P-38 vs. KI 43)
There will be more than 30 aircraft and military vehicles and equipment on display.
- Pierce Transit: Park at the Lakewood Transit Station, 11424 Pacific Hwy SW, Lakewood, or the Tacoma Dome Transit Station (by Freighthouse Square) and ride a Pierce Transit bus to the Airshow.
- Non-DOD ID Cardholders: Enter JBLM via I-5 exit 125 and proceed to the McChord Field gate.
DOD ID Cardholders: Enter JBLM Lewis Main via I-5 exits 119 through 123, or the Lewis Main east gate. Park at Madigan Army Medical Center or the Logistics Center and take free bus shuttles to McChord Field.
For more information, visit:
- 2016 JBLM Airshow and Warrior Expo website: jblmawe.com
- 2016 JBLM Airshow and Warrior Expo Facebook: facebook.com/jblmawe
- 2016 JBLM Airshow and Warrior Expo Twitter: www.twitter.com/jblmawe
For more information, contact JBLM Public Affairs at (253) 967-0158 / 0152 / 0154.