Heavy rains and wind are expected in the Puget Sound beginning today, Oct. 13, 2016, and expected to last through the weekend, according to the National Weather Service's Seattle Office .
You can help by keeping drains in front of their homes clear of leaves and debris. Here are some tips you could include:
- Clear your drain only if it is safe
- Clear only drains next to the curb. Clear from curbside, not out in the street.
- Watch out for traffic. Don’t clear drains that are in the middle of a street.
- Be careful of standing water to avoid slipping or stepping on sharp objects.
- Don’t try to lift storm drain grates. They are very heavy.
- Let our crews handle garbage or any hazards in the catch basin.
- Clear surface debris only.