The following is a list of items scheduled for discussion and/or action at the Lakewood City Council meeting on Monday, Oct. 17, 2016 :
- There will be a presentation of the 2016-2017 Stormwater Pollution Prevention and Water Conservation Calendar with students from Four Heroes Elementary School.
- The Council will recognize the October 2016 Business Showcase: Centerforce.
- This is the date set for a public hearing on the proposed 2016 Comprehensive Plan and zoning amendments, which include several amendments to the Land Use Map regarding certain properties.
- An ordinance amending the Lakewood Municipal Code to incorporate the requirements of Low Impact Development.
- A resolution to adopt the Fiscal Year 2017 Community Development Block Grant and HOME Investment Partnership Act grant funding policy and proposed use of funds.
- A motion authorizing the execution of an amendment to the interlocal agreement with the Lakewood Water District, worth $16,460, relative to the construction of roadway improvements and water mains along South Tacoma Way from State Rout 512 to 96th Street.
- South Sound Military Communities Partnership is scheduled to discuss the JBLM/Camp Murray Survey analysis and provide an update on the North Clear Zone Study.
The Lakewood City Council meeting begins 7 p.m., in the Council Chambers, Lakewood City Hall, 6000 Main St. SW.