On Monday, Nov. 7, 2016, the Lakewood City Council will present a proclamation officially recognizing Veterans Day 2016 and the month of the November as Veterans Appreciation month.
As part of the recognition, the night will include a ceremony that will feature and recognize veterans, military personnel and representatives including and not limited to:
- Lakes High School Choir
- Clover Park High School JROTC
- RallyPoint 6
- 2-2 Stryker Brigade
- Veterans of Foreign Wars – Lakewood Post
- American Veterans Post 1
- Disabled American Veterans
- Veterans Service Officers, Washington State Department of Veterans
- American Legion Post No. 187
The Lakewood City Council meeting begins 7 p.m., at the Lakewood City Council Chambers, Lakewood City Hall, 6000 Main St. SW.