Looking to get rid of old items before the holidays? The city of Lakewood and Pierce County Refuse are teaming up to offer a free fall cleanup for residents.
Pierce County Refuse is opening its Lakewood Transfer Station Saturday, Oct. 28 and Sunday, Oct. 29 between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. for the event.
A photo ID or a recent utility bill is required to prove Lakewood residency. If you need assistance, please contact (253) 875-5053/800-34-LEMAY.
For items in good condition that aren't ready for the trash there will be a donation truck on site to collect items for reuse (i.e. either a Goodwill truck or St. Vincent DePaul).
What: 2017 Fall community cleanup
Where: Lakewood Transfer Station, 3869 94th St SW, Lakewood
When: Oct. 28 and 29, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- We will accept general cleanup debris from home/garage/yard/attic clean outs and old or broken furniture for disposal.
These items will be accepted for recycling or donation:
- DRY mattresses
- Scrap metal
Items not accepted:
- Yard waste: this can be recycled for free at the landfill or every other week curbside
- Hazardous waste
- TVs, computers and other electronics
- Propane tanks and cylinders
- Automotive parts and accessories
- Construction and roofing material
- Commercial garbage
- Regular garbage that is picked up curbside