The mission of the Lakewood Sister Cities Association (LSCA) is to promote international harmony through people to people diplomacy for meaningful cultural, educational, tourism, and trade exchanges.
Lakewood’s international city affiliates
- Okinawa City, Japan, established 2002.
- Bauang, Philippines, established 2006.
- Danzhou, P. R. of China, established 2006.
- Gimhae, South Korea, established 2006.
- Opportunities for people to enrich their lives.
- Forums for community involvement.
- Events that celebrate culture and diversity.
- Networks for increased trade and tourism.
LSCA members receive
- A better understanding of cultural diversity.
- Personal contacts through social exchanges.
- Partnerships with international cities.
- Increased visibility in the global arena.
LSCA is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization affiliated with the City of Lakewood, one of Washington State’s most diverse cities. Ethnicities of Lakewood residents include: German, Irish, English, Mexican, U.S., Norwegian, Korean, Italian, French, Filipino, Scotch-Irish, Scottish, Puerto Rican, Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese, Cuban, and Asian cultures including India and other categories. (www.cityoflakewood.us "Lakewood Community Picture")
As a member of Sister Cities International, Lakewood subscribes to an underlying principle that the world’s peace and progress can be assured by people committing themselves to friendship and cooperation.
- Mayor Don Anderson
- Councilmember Michael Brandstetter
For further information
Visit Lakewood Sister Cities Associaton or Contact Economic Development at (253) 589-2489.