2014 Lakewood Farmers Market
The City of Lakewood is happy to announce the third year of the Lakewood Farmers Market. The purpose of the Market is to create a sense of community and celebrate our unique community assets while providing healthy options to our citizens. The Farmers Market will start on Tuesday June 3rd and end on Tuesday, September 16th. It will be located at City Hall and will feature fresh food, arts, crafts and entertainment. While the City is leading this project, we are partnering with community members and businesses to make it the best it can possibly be. The Farmers Market will be weekly on Tuesdays from 10am – 3pm.
Purpose of our market
- To create a sense of community and a place to gather.
- Celebrate and highlight our uniqueness; our characteristics, our assets, our community
- Bring our community together and bring people to Lakewood
- Provide healthy options for our citizens and visitors because healthy people need healthy places and spaces.
Thank you to our sponsors
Vendors for the Lakewood Farmers Market are selected by the Market Management. Selection is based on quality, originality, locality, seasonal versus daily, and compatibility with the existing market mix and mission statement. Agriculture products are given priority over other product categories.
The Farmers Market strives for the following composition of vendors.
- Fresh Farm Products 50%
grown or produced in Washington State by the seller
- Processed goods, prepared foods and processed foods 20%
made from raw products/ingredients, a majority of which are grown and produced by the seller, who is personally doing the cooking, canning, baking, preserving, etc.
- Hand Crafted items – 20%
All craft products should be handcrafted in Washington State
- Miscellaneous – 10%