The Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board (CDBG/CAB) shall advise the Lakewood City Council on matters related to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Act (HOME) programs which may include:
- Facilitate cooperation and coordination with City staff on CDBG and HOME funding issues.
- Recommend to the City Council programs for funding out of CDBG funds, recommend CDBG and HOME funding allocations, including development of housing strategies.
- Hold public hearings to receive public comments to identify community and housing needs and development of proposed activities.
- Develop recommendations for the Consolidated Plan, Action Plan and other related documents.
- Perform other CDBG and HOME related duties and functions as assigned by the City Council.
Members shall be residents of the City unless the Council finds that appointment of a non-resident, by virtue of business involvement or expertise, will benefit the Committee and ultimately the City.
Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
Individuals appointed are expected to attend meetings regularly. The Council expects to be informed in the event any Committee, Board or Commission member has three unexcused absences. The Council, may in the event of three unexcused absences, dismiss the individual from service.
Terms of Office
For the initial appointment:
- Two (2) members shall serve three (3) year terms
- Two (2) members shall serve two (2) year terms
- Remaining members shall serve one (1) year terms
For futher information
Contact Alice M. Bush, General Services Director/City Clerk, at (253) 589-2489.