If your vehicle has been impounded by the Lakewood Police Department you will need to know the following:
- The vehicle can only be released to the registered or legal owner. The registered owner may request another person to redeem the car but the owner must be present.
- The person redeeming the car must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- The owner, or person redeeming the vehicle along with the owner, must obtain a form authorizing the release of the vehicle from the Lakewood Police Department, and then pay a $100 administrative fee to the City.
- The owner/person redeeming the vehicle must pay all impound and storage fees.
- After all of this is done, the vehicle is released.
Payment of the $100 administrative fee must be in the form of cash, cashiers check, money order, or credit/debit card, and may be made at:
Lakewood City Hall
6000 Main St SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.