The quality and the sensible design of a community's transportation infrastructure helps determine the economic success of businesses in the community and the safety and convenience of citizens and visitors as they move about the community. The Public Works Transportation Division responsibilities include:
- Developing long range goals and comprehensive planning related to transportation
- Reviewing and analyzing traffic impacts and issues related to residential and commercial applications
- Maintaining traffic control devices such traffic signs and signals, school zone lights, pavement markings, etc.
- Monitoring and coordinating the timing of traffic signals
- Administration of the Neighborhood Traffic Control Program
- Development of the 6-Year Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- Management of the planning, design, and construction of capital improvement projects as outlined in the 6-Year TIP
- Issuance and inspection of Right-of-Way permits
If there is a transportation situation or concern you would like to comment on or be sure we are aware of please use the Lakewood Online Customer Request System (LOCRS).