Mary McDougal (253) 983-7709 • Fax (253) 983-7896 •
Human Resources Manager


How do I file a claim for damages?

If you have been injured or your property has been damaged and, in your opinion, you believe the City of Lakewood may have a responsibility to you, a  Claim for Damages form is required to be completed in order the City to determine its level of responsibility, if any, to the claimant. This form may be requested by calling City Hall at (253) 983-7849, in person at Lakewood City Hall 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA  98499 or by following the link below:

Claim for Damages Form

To obtain a copy of the Washington State Tort Claim Form Packet (an alternate Claim for Damage Form), please contact the Risk Management Coordinator at (253) 983-7849 or visit the City's main reception, 1st floor, at 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA  98499.

NOTE: In order to use fillable forms the form must be downloaded using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If the selected application does not open as a fillable form, click on the download icon in the upper right hand corner to open the application in Adobe Reader.