If your vehicle has been impounded by the Lakewood Police Department you will need to know the following:
|Please note: If your vehicle is impounded on a weekend or holiday, the vehicle cannot be released until the following business day.|
- The vehicle can only be released to the registered or legal owner. The registered owner may request another person to redeem the car but the owner must be present.
- The person redeeming the car must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- The owner, or person redeeming the vehicle along with the owner, must obtain a form authorizing the release of the vehicle from the Lakewood Police Department, and then pay a $100 administrative fee to the City.
- The owner/person redeeming the vehicle must pay all impound and storage fees.
- After all of this is done, the vehicle is released.
DWLS procedures and hearings
Vehicle Impound Brochure
Payment of the $100 administrative fee must be in the form of cash, cashier’s check, money order, or credit/debit card, and may be made at:
Lakewood Police Department
9401 Lakewood Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98499-3900
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.