WHAT: Edible Gardens: "Grow it, Eat it, Preserve it" Workshop Series
WHEN: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., one day each month, March through October
WHERE: Room 1E, Lakewood City Hall, 6000 Main St. SW
Explore the basics of successful vegetable gardening in the Pacific Northwest – from seed to table. This series is designed as a basic introduction to the whole adventure of gardening, and it’s FREE! Whether you are trying to revive some garden beds in your backyard of just joined a community garden in your neighborhood – we hope you will join us!
All workshops are from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at Lakewood City Hall in Lakewood Towne Center, 6000 Main Street SW.
Instructors are from the Tacoma-Pierce County Community Gardens, a program of Pierce Conservation District and Pierce County Public Works & Utilities Environmental Education.
Here is the schedule of classes:
- March 12: Starting from Seeds
- April 9: Garden Soil 101
- May 14: Planting and Maintaining Your Summer Vegetable Garden
- June 11: Garden Bugs, Plant Diseases & Non-toxic Alternatives in the Garden
- July 9: Summer Harvesting then Planting & Planning Your Fall Garden
- August: No Workshops
- September 10: Composting Basics
- October: 8: Putting the Garden to Bed for the Winter
RSVP – Pre-registration is not required but is helpful. Online: www.piercecountywa.org/enviroed . Voice Mail: (253) 798-4133.