Another beautiful, hot day. Another Lakewood SummerFEST in the books.
On July 12, the City of Lakewood held its annual summer festival amid sunny skies and temperatures in the 90's at Fort Steilacoom Park. Here are some highlights:
- The third annual SummerFEST Triathlon was a huge success with its largest participation to date: 176 triathletes
- More than 700 kids made their way to our inflatable Kidz Zone area
- Festival guests wandered through 117 vendor public market spaces
- Attendees also enjoyed delicious fair food and drank plenty of bottled water
- The misting station was a big hit, and everyone tried to find some prime real estate in the many shady spots throughout the park.
SummerFEST 2014 was another success for the City of Lakewood, according to Parks, Recreation and Community Services Director Mary Dodsworth.
"Kudos to the Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department for leading the effort," she said. "We couldn’t have done it without the support of our Police Department, CSRT, West Pierce Fire and Rescue, Partners for Parks and countless others for helping us host another fabulous City event!"
To view a video from SummerFEST 2014, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjgQTiv1mPY .