(This is from the Washington State Department of Transportation)
Drivers on northbound and southbound Interstate 5 will encounter several nights of double and triple lane closures and rolling slowdowns next week in Lakewood.
Drivers entering I-5 will be temporarily delayed at on-ramps near the work zones during the rolling slowdowns.
Crews will install sign bridges for “smart highway ” devices. The devices help WSDOT manage traffic and relay roadway information to the public.
- 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18 to 4 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19
Double lane closure of northbound I-5 near Center Drive in DuPont.
- 12:01 am to 4 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19
20 minute northbound I-5 rolling slowdown from Nisqually to Center Drive.
- 10 p.m. Tuesday, Aug 19 to 4 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20
Double lane closure of southbound I-5 followed an hour later by a triple lane closure of southbound I-5 near Bridgeport Way.
- 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20
Twenty minute rolling slowdown on southbound I-5 from SR512 to Bridgeport Way.
- 10 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20 to 4 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21
Double lane closure of northbound I-5 followed by a triple lane closure an hour later near Bridgeport Way.
- 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21.
Twenty minute rolling slowdown of northbound I-5 from JBLM main gate to Bridgeport Way.