February 26, 2010
WEEKLY INFO BULLETIN
To: Mayor and Members of the City Council
From: Andrew Neiditz, City Manager
- Lakewood Refuse Garbage Collection Rates: Lakewood Refuse garbage collection service rates will increase by 1.783% for residential and commercial service effective March 1st. For a typical residence with weekly 65 gallon Toter garbage/recycling service, the increase correlates to $0.50 per month. The increase is in accordance with terms and provisions of the City's contract with Lakewood Refuse which allows for automatic adjustments for yearly changes in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and/or change, if any, in landfill disposal fee. This year's rate increases are reflective of both a CPI and a dump fee increase.
- City Staff hold Permitting Construction Seminar for Korean community: Members of the community development department will be conducting a permitting construction seminar on February 26th with members of the Lakewood Korean community. The seminar is being co-sponsored by My Service Mind, a local non-profit organization. My Service Mind will have translators on hand.
- "State of the City" briefings: The city manager was the guest speaker at the Lakewood Knights Lions meeting on February 23rd and at the Gyro Group in Lakewood on February 16th. The subject was the City's year-end report and the status of City priority projects.
- Police thank Community for their support: The Lakewood Police Department is teaming with Clear Channel Outdoor to thank the community for their support following November's tragic police deaths, including raising more than $2.1 million for the officers' families. The thank you messages are being provided free of charge by Clear Channel Outdoor. The company is donating two traditional billboards and space on four digital billboards in Lakewood and Kent.
- Steilacoom Blvd and Gravelly Lake Dr.116th St. S and Spanaway Loop Rd.