January 19, 2007
WEEKLY INFO BULLETIN
To: Mayor and Members of the City Council
From:Andrew Neiditz, City Manager
- LESA Contract: The Law Enforcement Support Agency (LESA) Board unanimously approved this week a five-year contract with the City of Lakewood for police dispatch and records services, including transition to 800 MHZ. The mayor’s appointment of Councilmember Doug Richardson, who is the Public Safety Advisory Committee liaison, as LESA advisory boardmember was also approved by the LESA Board.
- Crime Stoppers Tip Received: LPD received a Crime Stoppers tip on John “JD” Davis, who was in yesterday’s paper after TPD got a warrant for him for 2 counts of Assault 1st from a shooting about 6 months ago. He was located at 5221 San Francisco and taken into custody without incident. He was booked for the TPD warrant and other warrants.
- Port presentation to PAB: The Planning Advisory Board conducted a meeting on January 17th at which Port of Tacoma officials presented onindustrial warehouse development trends occurring within the greater Pierce County region and intermodal rail transportation.
- Wal-Mart: Wal-Mart and Anchor Bank were issued conditional certificates of occupancy today, which allow Wal-Mart and Anchor Bank, a tenant within the Wal-Mart building to conduct business. There are some minor street improvements remaining to be installed and/or corrected, therefore, a cash guarantee was required. All street improvements are to be completed within 30 calendar days. Community Development required submission of a landscaping audit no later than March 12th due to storm-damaged landscaping. The applicant may be required to replace landscaping as required by the City, no later than April 3rd.
- Communications/Gov’t Relations Director: Jeff Brewster has been appointed to this position effective February 1st. Major Brewster was on city staff previously, and left in 2001 to serve the US Army Reserve Command, where he’s been stationed as Policy Plans and Training Officer in Atlanta since 2005. He has an MPA from University of Washington.