Saturday July 8th, 2017
South Sounds Biggest Sports Festival with 15,000 participants! Located in the magnificent 340 acre Fort Steilacoom park. Contact Sally Gilpin Martinez (253) 983-7758. firstname.lastname@example.org . Now accepting Food Truck and Public Market Vendor Applications 2017 Vendor Application .
Enjoy a free, memorable music & outdoor festival, with a splash of the eccentric! Check out this EXTREME Entertainment...
Extreme Trampoline Show by Aerial Assault Extreme Entertainment.
Internationally renowned Live Music, presented by Geico
Free Passport to Sports and Art. Over 25 multi-sporting events, from a sprint triathlon to trapeze!
Fire Spinners at 8:00pm
Trapeze show and Classes by Emerald City Trapeze
Quality art provided by Tacoma Art Museum, Museum of Glass & Tacoma Children’s Museum
All day yoga
Partner’s For Parks Car Show
Lakewood Sister Cities International FestivalOver 20food trucks
100 Public Vendors
Kids Zone with inflatables and pony rides
Beer garden by Thirst Responder .
MAIN STAGE LIVE MUSIC 11:45-5:30pm
Featuring Bands From Washington State: Rabbit Wilde, Tacocat, and Spike & The Impalers!
11:45-12:30 - Rabbit Wilde: This band melds indie rock, pop, blues, soul, and orchestral arrangement, with their trademark brand of backyard folk music. The quartet includes classic string band instrumentation with heavy percussion, electronic sound, six-string ukulele and cello. www.rabbitwilde.com . All four members of Rabbit Wilde grew up in Washington State. Come see their high-energy sound and stage presence.
1:00-2:30 Tacocat: Tacocat are three ladies (Lelah! Bree! Emily!) and one dude (Eric!) who play sunny jingle jangle happy rock that fires off quick melodic high-fives in celebration of those good distorted summertime vibes. Tacocat are from Seattle! http://tacocatdotcom.com/
4:00-5:30 Spike & The Impalers: This classic-rock band from Washintgon State features O’Neill on lead vocals and the rock solid rhythm section of drummer Jeff Kathan formerly of The Paul Rodgers Band, and bassist Lynn Sorensen formerly of Bad Company and The Paul Rodgers Band. Steve Hanna brings his incredible guitar and keyboard talents to the stage, along with the guitar stylings of Manuel Morais. The band's live sound is completed by the soaring vocals of Susan Kendall-Morais and the scorching saxophone of Scott “Junior” Adams, formerly of the Ann Wilson Band. https://www.facebook.com/spikeandtheimpalers/
9:30 pm Free Movie at Dusk - "Secret Life of Pets"
Make it an evening! Have dinner (Food Truck and Beer Garden available until 8:00pm). Then settle on your blankets for the fantastic outdoor movie!
Passport to sports and art 11:00am - 6:00pm
High quality activities for all ages
New: Adaptive sports for people of all abilities!
Meet our Passport Partners....
Pick up your Free SummerFEST "Passport to Sports" at the Headquarters tent and enjoy the activities listed below. Your passport will be stamped at each activity.
- SummerFEST Sprint Triathlon presented by St. Clare Hospital . Register today ! Click here to learn more
- Triple Threat Series. Compete in 3 local sprint triathlons! Register here .
- 5k race, presented by Evergreen Trail Runs. Click here to register today!
- 10k race, presented by Evergreen Trail Runs. Click here to register today!
- 1 mile Kids Run, presented by Evergreen Trail Runs. Click here to register today!
- Trapeze show and classes, presented by Emerald City Trapeze, located next to main stage. Learn more about Emerald City Trapeze.
- Bubble Soccer by Bubble Soccer Northwest . 4 v 4 games and free play for little ones on the sidelines.
- Orienteering Training and Race, presented by Cascade Orienteering Club .
- Yoga in the Park, all day free classes! Presented by TULADHARA Yoga & Lakewood Holistic Yoga & Wellness .
- Baseball: Timed Pitch, presented by the Lakewood Baseball Club
- Outdoor Bowling, presented by Bowlero Lanes. Guess weight of bowling ball and pin and win a bowling birthday party!
- Golf for Fun. Ages 4yrs and up. Presented by First Tee of South Puget Sound . Drive, chip & putt and try to hit the bulls eye! Golf Clinics throughout the day.
- Ladder Ball, presented by iFLY Indoor Skydiving . Enter raffle for free "Earn Your Wings packages" valued at $200
- Football: Punt, pass and kick, presented by Lakewood Lancers Football
- Football toss, presented by Lakewood Lancers Football
- Timed Fitness Challenge for all ages, presented by Studio Fitness
- Obstacle Course, presented by Sky Hawks Sports Academy
- Jousting Pit, by the Army National Gaurd
- Gaga Pit, by the Lakewood YMCA
- CrossFit Challenge, by Crossfit253. Demos at 2:00 & 4:00
- Soccer Skills Challenge, by Lakewood Soccer Club
- Children’s Kidzone. Climbing wall, pony rides, bouncy houses, inflatables, and more.
- West Pierce Fire and Rescue Bike Helmet safety fittings
- ADAPTIVE Bike Riding offered by Outdoors for All. Try 12 different types of bikes from hand-powered to tandem.
- ADAPTIVE Volleyball, for those who have limited use of lower limbs, try this seated volleyball!
- ADAPTIVE Ballet for children wtih Down Syndrome, Autism, and other developmental disabilities.
11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Passport to Arts
Thank you to our museum Partners: Tacoma Art Museum, Museum of Glass Museum and Children’s Museum of Tacoma! Come to the Headquarters tent to pick up your "Passport to Arts" and enjoy the activities listed below. Your passport will be stamped at each activity. There will be many art vendors selling products and sharing insights into their creations and passion for their work.
- Glass Flameworking Demonstration, presented by the Museum of Glass
- Make your own mod podge candle votives, presented by the Museum of Glass
- Print Making, make your own prints, put them on display, and then take them home. Presented by the Tacoma Art Museum
- Chalk Art, presented by Children's Museum of Tacoma
- Crown Making
- Lego Competition, presented by Bricks 4 Kidz in partnership with Tacoma Children’s Museum
- Face Painting by Lakewood Junior Lancers
- Mask decorating, by the Pierce County Library
- Origami and henna tattoos, presented by Lakewood Sister Cities International Festival
SummerFEST Triathlon, register today ! See it first hand....
Lakewood Sister Cities International Festival 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Featuring a stage with live entertainment, food trucks and vendors. Try a variety of tasty bites from food vendors including the Lumpia food truck!
11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Partners for Parks car show
Check out last year's event below:
SATURDAY, JULY 9, 2016 FORT STEILACOOM PARK
Thank You To Our Sponsors
Thank You to Our Partners