Join us on Saturday, July 9, at Fort Steilacoom Park for SummerFEST 2016; a memorable day of festivities for the whole family, at no cost. With hands-on art activities, multi-sporting events, food trucks, a car show, international experiences, and bouncy houses, there is something exciting for everyone. SummerFEST highlights Lakewood's beautiful, natural resources at this magnificent 340 acre park. New to the area or have never been to SummerFEST? Check out this video from a few years back. It perfectly captures all the reasons why you will enjoy SummerFEST 2016! Fort Steilacoom Park is located at: 8714 87th Avenue SW, Lakewood, WA 98498
Schedule of Events:
- 9:00am SummerFEST Sprint Triathlon presented by St. Clare Hospital . Register today !
- 10:00-11:00am Cheer on the triathlon participants as they cross the finish line
- 11:00 a.m. SummerFest Festivities begin. Enjoy the following activities:
- Quality hands-on art activities
- Artist demonstrations and mini-classes
- International arts, food, and entertainment
- Peruse public market vendors
- Try a variety of tasty bites from food vendors including the Lumpia food truck!
- Enjoy two stages of FREE live entertainment
- Participate in a soccer tournament (for adults and children)
- See Police, Fire, and other community displays.
- The West Pierce Fire and Rescue will be on site to provide safety information as well as sell life vests and bike helmets.
- For a small fee children can enjoy the bouncing, climbing and racing in the Kid Zone.
- Come see the classic cars displayed at the Partners for Parks car show .
- Stay all day and into the night for our outdoor movie in the park – starting at dusk. Movie Title TBD.
The City of Lakewood believes that Fort Steilacoom Park is a catalyst for positive change and that our great parks make our lives healthier, our neighborhoods safer and our region more competitive. We are passionate in our belief that open spaces and experiences provide residents of Lakewood with the opportunity to gather, rejuvenate, play, exercise and explore.
City of Lakewood SummerFEST Call for Teaching Artists and Art Vendors!
When: July 9, 2015
Time: 11:00am – 5:00pm
Where: Fort Steilacoom Park 8714 87th Ave Sw, Lakewood, WA 98498
Details: Join us for SummerFEST and International Festival; a festive day of activities for the whole family. SummerFEST themes are: Hands-on Art, Multi-sporting events, an International Festival and car show. The hands-on art and art demonstrations feature activities from the Museum of Glass, Tacoma Art Museum and Children’s Museum of Tacoma. Artists will conduct mini-workshops and demonstrations from print making to photography and glass blowing. We are seeking artists that represent all disciplines. The International Festival takes place all day with live performances, music, inter-active art and fabulous food. Sporting activities are designed for both adults and youth and include a sprint triathlon, soccer tournaments, orienteering races, 1k, 5k, and 10k races, obstacle courses and more! There are two stages with live entertainment and food trucks to keep your energy flowing throughout this memorable day.
Contact email@example.com or (253) 983-7758 Visit: www.cityoflakewood.us/parks-and-recreation/special-events
Art Vendors: Close to 9,000 visitors come to SummerFEST each year. This year our goal is to provide residents of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds the opportunity to have a hands-on experience with art, encompassing all disciplines. We are seeking artists who enjoy having an interactive, hands-on art experience with their audience. If you want to do live demonstrations, mini-classes, and engage the audience in creating a unique "take-away" art or craft, please call for a vendor application ! We encourage all artists and hope to also find artists who focus on wood carving, paper making, metal work/black smiths, moziacs adn more.
Food Vendors: Any vendor selling “ready to eat” food or beverages of any kind.
Public Market: Any vendor selling commercially produced products, promoting commercial services or products or selling items that have been hand crafted.
Service Providers: Any vendor or agency that is displaying or providing public information or display, and not for the purpose of direct sales to consumers. Service clubs (i.e. PTA groups) or non-profits (may be asked to provide proof of 501c3 status) wishing to sell or collect items to support their groups are required to purchase a Service Provider 1 vendor booth space.