Join us on Saturday, July 11th at Fort Steilacoom Park for SummerFEST 2015. You won’t want to miss this event! SummerFEST has become one of the best days in Lakewood and gets better and better each year. The sun is sure to shine and everyone who is anyone will be there! Fort Steilacoom Park will be humming with excitement. New to the area or have never been to SummerFEST? Check out this video from a few years back. It perfectly captures all the reasons why you should be at SummerFEST 2015!
- Stop by early and enjoy the final leg of the Sprint Triathlon (swim, bike and run) presented by St. Clare Hospital . Come watch these amazing athletes cross the finish line around 10:00 a.m.
- Beginning at 11:00 a.m. over 75 public market vendors and 20 food vendors will provide a variety of things to see, eat and buy.
- Families can enjoy two stages of FREE entertainment, a soccer tournament and Police, Fire, Army Strong vehicles and other community displays.
- The West Pierce Fire and Rescue will be on site to provide safety information as well as sell life vests and bike helmets.
- For a small fee children can enjoy the petting zoo and bouncing, climbing and racing in the KidZone.
- Come see the classic cars displayed at the Partners for Parks car show.
- Stay all day and into the night for our outdoor movie in the park – starting at dusk.
Each year our public market space grows and grows! Last year we had over 100 participating vendors from ready to eat food vendors, crafters, service clubs, lots of local businesses and so many more! Thousands of visitors come to SummerFEST each year and comb through the public market looking for that perfect find! Spots fill quickly, so get your vendor application in today!
- Food Vendor: Any vendor selling “ready to eat” food or beverages of any kind.
- Public Market: Any vendor selling commercially produced products, promoting commercial services or products or selling items that have been hand crafted.
- Service Providers: Any vendor or agency that is displaying or providing public information or display, and not for the purpose of direct sales to consumers. Service clubs (i.e. PTA groups) or non-profits (may be asked to provide proof of 501c3 status) wishing to sell or collect items to support their groups are required to purchase a Service Provider 1 vendor booth space.
Movie at Dusk!
A lowly Lego figure (voiced by Chris Pratt) joins a group intent on battling an evil force after a case of mistaken identity in this computer-generated comedy from the filmmakers behind Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and co-director Chris McKay (Robot Chicken). Will Arnett co-stars as the voice of Batman, who along with Superman, make appearances in the Warner Bros. picture.