2016 JBLM/Camp Murray Regional Survey
The South Sound Military & Communities Partnership (SSMCP) conducted a survey hosted by Survey Monkey to Joint Base-Lewis McChord (JBLM) and Camp Murray mail.mil, af.mil email addresses. A wide variety of topics were asked about including housing, education, transition services and perceptions. The primary target audience was Active Duty Service Members and Reservists. Most participants were non-military personnel working on the installation.
2015 Business and Community Survey
July 15, 2015: Gov. Jay Inslee today signed a bipartisan transportation investment package that will create an estimated 200,000 jobs and address critical safety, maintenance and congestion needs all across Washington. SSMCP supported the adoption of the transportation package as necessary to preserve the abililty of JBLM to perform its off-base missions while also ensuring the ability of the region's population to travel.
The 16-year, $16 billion “Connecting Washington” package includes:
- $8.8 billion for road and safety projects including megaprojects such as SR 520 bridge, the North Spokane Corridor, SR 167/SR 509 Gateway Project, and $494 million for widening of I-5 at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
- $1.4 billion for highway maintenance and preservation.
- $1.3 billion for non-highway projects such as bike paths, rail and transit.
- $602 million for ferries including a fourth Olympic Class Ferry Vessel.
- Other investments related to fish barrier removal, bridge preservation, freight rail improvements, electric vehicle and alternative fuel tax credits and commute trip reduction programs.
The package also authorizes Sound Transit to seek voter-approval for $15 billion to extend light rail as far north as Everett and as far south as Tacoma.
You can view more detail about the ongoing efforts on the Washington State Department of Transportation Website
SSMCP Funding Successes
- << Prev